In most cases, you should wait a certain amount of time after getting a hair smoothening treatment before tying or styling your hair to let the treatment appropriately set. However, the guidelines may differ depending on the smoothening treatment used and your hairstylist’s recommendations.
It would help if you usually waited 48 to 72 hours after smoothening before tying your hair or using any hair accessories. The hair can settle; as a result, keeping the straight look. Tying your hair too early after the treatment might make undesirable wrinkles or waves structure, upsetting the perfection.
To ensure the smoothening treatment’s best results and longevity, following your hairstylist’s aftercare instructions is essential. They can advise you based on your hair type and the smoothening product you used.
When the underlying holding-up period is finished, you can regularly tie your hair as wanted. However, it is essential to use gentle hair ties and to steer clear of styles that are too tight, as these can strain the hair and leave unwanted creases. Choose braids, loose ponytails, or buns that let your hair flow naturally.
Use the recommended hair care products, avoid using too much heat styling, and set up regular touch-up appointments as needed to keep your smoothed hair looking its best. This will help keep your hair smooth and healthy in the long run.
A hair treatment known as hair smoothening is intended to straighten, smooth, and make it easier to manage wavy, curly, or frizzy hair. It is a popular choice for people who want a clean and polished appearance without having to style their clothes daily.
The course of hair smoothening commonly includes the accompanying advances:
1. Consultation: Discussing with an expert hair specialist is fundamental before going through any hair treatment. During this session, You can discuss your hair goals, concerns, and expectations. The stylist will look at your hair’s texture, type, and condition to see if smoothing is right for you.
2. Making the Hair Ready: The hair is thoroughly washed and dried before the smoothening treatment. This guarantees the hair is clean and free of styling products and other residues.
3. Utilization of Smoothening Arrangement: The hair is treated with a smoothening solution that typically contains chemicals like a keratin-based formula or a chemical relaxant. The ability to reshape and straighten the hair is made possible by this solution’s ability to dissolve the protein bonds.
4. Application of Heat: The hair is heated up after applying the smoothening solution, typically with a flat iron or a specialized straightening tool. The smoothening solution is sealed into the hair’s cuticles by heat, giving it a straighter and smoother appearance.
5. Neutralization: When the hair has been fixed, a killing arrangement is applied to balance out and set the new hair structure. This step ensures lasting results and helps to maintain a straightened appearance.
6. Post-Treatment Care: After the smoothening treatment, it is essential to adhere to the suggested aftercare guidelines given by your beautician. This could mean not washing your hair for a certain amount of time, using shampoos and conditioners without sulfates, and not styling your hair with too much heat. To keep the results you want, touch-up treatments may be needed regularly.
It’s essential to note that hair smoothening is a compound-based treatment that modifies the construction of the hair. While it can provide lasting straightness and manageability, it is essential to consider the treatment’s potential risks and side effects. If the treatment is not done correctly or if proper care is not taken afterwards, these may include hair damage, dryness, and breakage.
Before choosing to go through hair smoothening, it is prudent to talk with an expert hair specialist who can survey your hair’s condition, examine the cycle exhaustively, and give customized guidance regarding your particular hair needs and concerns.
Can we make hairstyles after smoothening?
After receiving a hair smoothening treatment, you can experiment with different hairstyles. The goal of hair smoothening is to make your hair easier to style and make it easier to manage.
After receiving a hair smoothening treatment, you may want to consider the following styles:
1. Clean and Simple: Straight, sleek hair is one of the main advantages of hair smoothing. You can leave your hair down and partake in the smooth, straight look the treatment gives.
2. Half-Up Styling: The half-up hairstyle is a versatile choice to show off your smooth hair while keeping it out of your face. Try a half-up braid, half-up ponytail, or bun for a simple yet chic look.
3. Updos: Hair smoothening can make it simpler to make updo hairdos. The smoothness of your hair will give any updo—a classic bun, a chic chignon, or an intricate updo—a polished and elegant touch.
4. Braids: After hair smoothening, braided hairstyles may appear exceptionally sleek and defined. Try different braid styles like French braids, fishtail braids, or Dutch braids to give texture and interest to your smooth locks.
5. Waves and Twists: Although straightening the hair is the most common way to smooth hair, you can still create waves or loose curls if you want to. To achieve loose curls or soft waves that enhance your hair’s smoothness, use a curling iron or styling tools made for smooth hair.
6. Blowouts: After smoothing your hair, you can get a popular hairstyle called a blowout. Using a round brush and a blow dryer, you can give your hair bounce and volume while keeping it straight.
To ensure that the treatment lasts as long as possible, use heat-protectant products and styling methods appropriate for smooth hair. Furthermore, it’s essential to talk with your beautician for explicit suggestions and styling tips in light of the kind of smoothening treatment you got and the state of your hair.
In general, hair smoothening allows you to try various hairstyles while reaping the benefits of smooth, manageable hair.